"You see everything in black and white."
"Not black and white. Right or wrong."
-_Clear and Present Danger_ ("Truth needs a soldier")
Hi, my name is Robert Lentz, and I am a
- I am a Macophile and a Mac Guru.
- Computers hold great potential as tools. Unfortunately most programs
are written by people who see computers as a way of life instead of
a tool, molding themselves to the computer instead of insisting that
the computer mold itself to them. This is often reflected in a poor,
sometimes non-existent, Human Interface.
- I was born into the Space Age
and am always gazing upward.
- As part of this, since 1989 I have been a Senior Associate member
of the Space Studies Institute.
- I used to be a
now I am just a Romantic.
- Oh, for an Enchanted Evening...
- I am a bibliophile.
- This always makes moving such a joy... now if only I did not have to
sleep so I could get all my books read.
- I am currently Cybertalk
columnist for the
- Conjuction junction, what's your function?
- My musical tastes are difficult to quantify...
- My favorite pop artist is Peter Gabriel; I consider Passion to be his best work.
I also like
and am trying to explore that area more. I am also trying to explore my
jazz tastes (so far, it
seems I lean towards the blues). Other artists I enjoy include:
and I have recently (finally) discovered
- I bike to work...
- ...and most anywhere else.
- While I can appreciate watching a good game, I would much rather be
- Sports I do play include: softball (a fast glove and good jump on the
ball from third base), football (becoming a possession receiver),
basketball (someone who actually knows how to play defense),
ultimate (find me long), volleyball (yup, that is me on the floor),
racquetball (on the floor for those tough shots again), and others.
Check out how my
Luna Ticks are doing in the
Simulated Basketball Association
- "The power of accurate observation is called cynicism by those who
have not got it." -- G.B. Shaw
- I believe:
- The power of a nap is highly underrated.
- The Tick shall prevail over evil!
- Muffins are an almost necessary part of breakfast.
- Love makes you do strange things.
- Long distance relationships should be possible.
"Distance is to love as wind is to fire:
It extinguishes the small and kindles the great." --unknown
(If you're in an LDR and having problems, or just want to talk
to people in the same position, or who have been there before, then
the "Rainbow Connection" LDR Mailing List could be for you.)
- There is a hole in my head
- Currently reading:
- Fiction: The Chronicles of Amber
Non-fiction: The High Frontier
- TV shows I will stop to watch:
- Babylon 5,
Deep Space Nine,
The Critic, and of course the news. I was a
fan (through the good and the bad...)
- My various subscriptions:
- Scientific American, The New York Times (TimesFax),
Air & Space Smithsonisan,
Wilson Quarterly, Foreign Affaris, World Press Review, Space News,
with many more interests...
- The Young Scientists' Network
- What twenty years of education will do to you (computer programming)
I am interested in meeting kindred souls...
January 30, 1996 - Robert Lentz